VALUES, GUIDELINES & STRUCTURE
Lesson Structure – this is a basic lesson schedule and may vary slightly for each learner.
- 1st Lesson - on your first lesson the instructor should assess your driving and teach you the interior inspection, the starting procedure and control of the car which is made up of (pulling away, changing gears, turning and stopping) you should also be reminded about general rules of the road which you have learnt for your learners licence test.
- 2nd Lesson - you should start off with the exterior inspection and then revise over the first lesson which is stated above. If you have successfully completed this you may now proceed to do 3 of the 7 safety observations. If you were having trouble with the first lesson you may start the 3 observations on your 3rd lesson.
- 3rd Lesson - you should revise over lesson one and lesson two and then complete all 7 of 7 safety observations. If you were having trouble with understanding and completing the observations you may repeat this lesson on the next lesson.
- 4th Lesson - on your fourth lesson you should be introduced to traffic and drive in a manner that incorporates the rules learnt in the above lessons. As well as learning incline start, emergency stop and hand signals.
- 5th Lesson – should be dedicated to the parking yard and start with the three point turn.
- 6th Lesson – will be dedicated to Alley docking parking (right and left).
- 7th and 8th Lesson – will be spent learning Parallel Parking (right and left).
- 9th Lesson – Once you have completed the above tasks you should visit the traffic department where your test will be done and drive on your test route. If you know the test route well, this will make passing the driving test easier.
- 10th Lesson – should be used to revise all information and tasks learnt on previous lessons and perform a mock test to measure your ability and progress.
After the mock test your instructor will point out any errors if any, that you have made and from this point you can plan a course of action to fix these errors in order to be ready for your divers test.
WORK POLICY AND COMPANY STANDARDS
- To be responsive and meet our clients agreed standards.
- To be accessible , available and visible to the community.
- We are disciplined and professional.
- We are sincere and we do what we say , when we say and work with precision.
- Always motivated.
- To perform beyond the call of duty with pride.
- To work according to scheduled timelines.
- Adhere to dress code.
- Make positive and productive contributions.
- To have an open door policy and provide up to date information.
- To be honest and deicated.
- To offer the highest quality driving lessons at the most competative prices.
INSTRUCTOR GUIDELINES AND RULES
The instructor is to always have 100% communication with each learner regarding :
- A) the lesson time,
- B) the lesson pick up address,
- C) if running late you should sms/call well in advance to notify the learner,
- D) before the end of the lesson should have the next lesson/s booked in the diary and make sure the learner is aware of the next lesson date & time,
- E) should make sure the learner is informed of what was done on the previous lessons what is to be done on the next lesson and what is left to do on following lessons thereafter.
- Must keep the topic of the lesson on the driving lesson (not on any other subject that is not beneficial to the learners K53 driving).
- Should book lessons in such a manner leaving sufficient gaps between lessons considering the time of day, area, traffic and distance that there is no need to run late for the lesson.
- Is to check the K53 check list to make sure you covered all thek53 info required for the test
- Not allowed to use foul language or shouting, but he should explain every aspect of the K53 driving to the learner in an informative understanding manner.
- Is to remain respectful even when faced with disrespect from a learner and report the matter to the office.
- Should focus the lesson on the learner that is in the vehicle with him/her and what he/she needs to do on the lesson instead of mentioning other learner’s issues.
- May not smoke with a learner in the car.
- May not make call while on a lesson.
- May not eat while on a lesson.
- Should always be dressed neat and presentable and hygienic as you are representing the entire company.
- Is to fill out the lesson-assessment register for each learner, so the office can view each learner’s progress.
- Is to keep 100% communication with the office regarding any changes/events in the days schedule.
- Should have more than one contact number for each learner and visa versa.
If you have experience poor service from a DRIVECO Instructor, please contact us.